I promise this is the last time I talk about Strange Folk....until Monday. :)
Here are all the details you need to make the festival the best experience possible:
- The festival is tomorrow and Sunday from 10am-6pm both days. Here are directions: http://www.strangefolkfestival.com/maps/ Not listed is the longer but less stressful 270/255 route for those of you that want to avoid the Poplar Street Bridge.
- No sales can be made prior to 10am Saturday because (da da da dum!) there is a give away of a Strange Folk bag full of goodies to the first 100 people to present their purchases to the info booth.
- Stop by the Strange Folk info booth to pick up your attractive reusable Strange Folk tote to put your purchases in. They will have a limited amount of free paper bags, as well. You may want to bring your own bag in case the info booth runs out of paper bags and you don't want to buy a bag.
- Check out the Upcycle Exchange lists. Bring a qualifying item to upcycle from the upcycle list and receive a coupon book for participating vendors. While supplies last.
- There are a lot of kid-friendly events including a sandbox, petting zoo and art projects.
- There will be a free internet and blogging station near the Writers Block. Be sure to check out the Writers Block to meet local authors.
- Bring your knitting and lawn chair and join other knitters in the wild for an afternoon of knitting on Saturday afternoon. I'm not affiliated with the group hosting this, but I am donating Ravlery buttons. I think the organizer is picking them up from me? If she doesn't have them then stop by my booth and I'll give you one. http://www.strangefolkfestival.com/2009/09/knitters-in-the-wild/
- I will be accepting all major credit cards, cash and checks. I can't speak for other vendors but I know quite a few have capabilities to accept credit cards.
- The concession stand is rumored to have funnel cakes. What more do you need to know?