Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Progress Continues

I'm knitting knitting knitting on my February Lady Sweater made from my own Cotton Slub yarn and still not done. It's the downside of being fat. I'm happy with who I am and accepting of the size I'm at, but if anything can give me a complex about my size it's how damned long it takes to knit a sweater. I'm estimating that adding full sleeves plus extending the length will put me just under 4 skeins to knit this, or about a $40 investment. Not bad.

This is what I've accomplished so far. I am sorely tempted to finish it off right now, but a cropped cap-sleeve shrug isn't my style. Wouldn't this be cute over a summer dress for someone else? One of my sisters or sisters-in-law, maybe? I have lots and I'm pretty sure none of them read this blog. I'm sure if you were making a smaller size (M? L? Even XL?) you could bind off the sleeves here and add a garter stitch hem with less than 2 skeins. That's less than $20 for a nice sweater to throw on during cool summer nights.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.