Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sale and Show

The sale continues on in both my etsy and my artfire shops. If you spend $50 or more then domestic shipping is free. I have added every skein of yarn I have in my inventory now, except for a few duplicate sock colors. I have also added a knitted object, my Lady Eleanor Shawl.




Here is the copy from the listing:
Please note: The darker irregular-shaped spots across the surface of the fabric are simply shadows from a nearby tree. The stole itself is a basketweave-type pattern (entrelac) in gray, ivory, camel, tan and brown.

This long, luxurious and versatile stole is made from wool, silk, cashmere, angora, alpaca, kid mohair and camel. The luxurious fibers give the stole a wonderful drape and warmth that makes it perfect tossing artfully over your shoulders and pinning with an artistic brooch at your next special event. The warm earthy colors and the sturdy wool make this stole equally useful for wrapping up in front of the fire on chilly winter nights.

The dimensions are 31” wide x 76” long, not including the fringe. The fiber content of the yarn transitions when the color transitions, making for a texturally interesting accessory as well as a beautiful one.

55% wool, 10% silk, 7% cashmere, 7% angora, 7% alpaca, 7% kid mohair, 7% camelhair

This stole was previously a shop sample in a yarn store for a few months. It has been cleaned thoroughly, carefully inspected and is LIKE NEW and ready to give as a gift. A commissioned piece like this would be US $450.00.

I am willing to trade in full or part for marketing/website assistance, spinning equipment, large canning/pasteurizing pots, non-fabric mannequin forms, suitable camera, fabric prepared for dyeing, neat gadgets or ????

 ======================================================
I will have a small display at the Missouri History Museum this coming Sunday for the Second Annual Green Living Expo from noon-4pm. I am splitting a table with The Knittress (aka Suzi)  who will have a variety of knitted accessories made from natural fibers and her friend who I believe is a jeweler. I am only bringing a limited amount of inventory with me, but I am looking to do a little wheeling and dealing that day since it is my last show of the year, so come on down. Just let me know you are a blog reader and I'll hook you up with a discount. If you would like me to bring something specific so you can see it in person just let me know and I will be happy to accommodate your request.  As always, I will be accepting cash, check or credit card.

1 comment:

  1. I just tried out the links on the Mo Hist site.
    It brought me to you!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.