Saturday, January 2, 2010

An apology and some randomness

  • I need to clarify one thing from my last post. I really enjoy do Crestwood's ArtSpace. I think it is a genius idea with a lot of potential. The caliber of of the artists I have met with are truly spectacular, plus they are friendly on top of that. I did not intend to imply that the artists in the community are anything short of wonderful. They are. I only meant to explain my rationale for not taking the space. I was trying to covey that these various "signs" were trying to tell me what my intuition was trying to scream at me--that this is the wrong season to try a retail space. Maybe in the spring? It certainly would be convenient for me. My apologies for being less than clear. 
  • Most days I would rather be shot in the foot than go to Target. This is not one of those days. I came home with 3 new pots from the $1 section, a new votive, new tea lights, new tea, a belated Christmas present and ingredients for a twice-baked cauliflower recipe I found today. It totally made up for having to drop far too much on various kinds of soap (hand, laundry, body, house) and things that either are designed to get flushed or thrown away (trash bags).
  •  It's back to work on Monday. Are you ready? Me, neither. I have been working on two new designs for the past week and a half. I would like to get them wrapped up. The base yarn and fiber finally showed up so that has to be dealt with. Then there is the year-end bookkeeping tasks. *sigh* I am really dragging my feet on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Still, we would love to have you at Crestwood. There are many changes coming and the artists are working hard to create a unique art experience. Is it a mall? No. Is it retail? Not in the traditional sense, but when we have events, this place ROCKS. And art and jewelry and fine craft sells. It's a great place to work. The community of people is exceptional. And, the Mary Englebreight exhibit brought in 15,000 people in December. More are planned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.