Wednesday, January 13, 2010

At the Car Wash

I ran out of coffee three days ago. I just remembered this morning. At 5:30am. After getting only 4 hours sleep. That THWUMP noise you'll hear later today is the sound of me falling asleep so hard that it will be audible.

I stopped by Walgreens to get some extremely overpriced Folgers and a new wrist brace/craft glove to prepare for a long day of knitting and drinking coffee ahead of me (my life is so hard......heh). On the way home I stopped at the DIY car wash and did myself a car wash. When I got back in the car at the car wash the song "Car Wash" was on the radio. How....odd.

I started thinking how weird (and nifty) it would be if the radio narrated my day. Then I started thinking about what songs it would play. Then I started thinking about blogging this thought process and here we are.

If my radio really were stalking me, this is what it would play (limiting myself to songs that received or received at least semi-regular air time or that I think would be recognizable by a large percentage of people):


Car Wash by Rose Royce for the car wash
Java Jive by The Ink Spots for the coffeee
Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown I really ought to get up offa this thing.
It's Not My Place (In The 9 to 5 World) by The Ramones for the worky worky
Gives You Hell by All-American Rejects I'm trying to finish up a very simple pattern that is giving me fits for 2 weeks now.
Loose Lips by Kimya Dawson It's Knit Night! We'd sink a lot of ships.
Mardi Gras Mambo by The Meters I'll be working on my Mardi Gras swap project at Knit Night.
The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens If I end up skipping Knit Night in favor of sleepy sleepy

What would your radio play?

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome. I love the radio narration thing. Don't sleep through knit night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.