Sunday, January 10, 2010

On my needles

Today and tomorrow are dedicated to working towards getting items off my needles.

I think there may be a full-on husband riot if I don't finish these socks soon. He has taken up stealing my socks as a hobby and he got a lot of mileage at holiday parties out of implying he is the victim of both knitterly and wifely neglect. So, I'm up at godawful'o'clock this morning blogging working on his socks.

The second thing I am itching to get off the needles is something I hope will translate in to a new pattern for me. I have the chart finished. I taught myself intarsia in the round. I drafted instructions on how to do intarsia in the round. I've swatched like crazy. All that is left is knitting it and finalizing the pattern (and arranging test knitters, tech editors, a photographer....) except.... except I have put a solid 1.5 weeks in to this project and reactions to the sketches and swatches have been lukewarm at best. Sigh. I'm hoping that the finished project will be as awesome in real life as it looks in my head. Can you tell what it is?

1 comment:

  1. Of course I can! It's knitting!

    Right? Wasn't that the question? :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.