Thursday, March 11, 2010

New retailer: Laumeier Sculpture Park

I'm on my way to Laumeier Sculpture Park in Sunset Hills, MO to drop off some yarn. What's this, you say? Yarn? At the Sculpture Park? Yep. Yarn at the sculpture park.

Laumeier is currently exhibiting Mark Newport's Self Made Man. Newport does the knitted superhero costumes that are often mentioned in knitting publications.

The curator and I got to talking about yarn and community in general when he suggested that the gift shop might want to carry some of my yarn for the duration of the exhibit. Wow! Yes, of course! I am so flattered! The shop manager and I put our heads together and now the Laumeier gift shop will be carrying a small selection of my yarn for the duration of the Mark Newport exhibit. I'm excited!

The exhibit is open during the park's normal hours, but there will be a special Knit-In with the artist on April 3 at 2pm in the park. I will definitely be there with my knitting group. I am certain other knitting groups are planning on going. I hope you come, too. Knitter's represent! It should be a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! I wish I could come to the knit-in, but we are celebrating Sprout's 3rd Birthday that day so I'm going to have to miss out. Congrats on a new retailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! I love the idea of yarn being available in places that aren't usually yarny. Great publicity :-)

    Also, I've apparently been living under a rock, because I'd never heard of that guy. Hmm.... ::toddles of to Google::

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.