Monday, July 26, 2010

Lunchtime Listings, A Sincere Thank you, Strange Folk and Roving

  • I've started doing what I call "Lunchtime Listings" on most days. I usually list a new item or put an older item on sale, although sometimes I will relist an item that has sold or that I think has been lost in the shuffle.You can find my Lunchtime Listings on my Twitter feed or on my Facebook business page*. For blog readers only, you can take 15% off any Lunchtime Listing this week. Pay as you normally would and I will refund your 15%. Be sure to put "Lunchtime Listing" in the Note to Buyer to receive your discount.  *My regular facebook page is here. Feel free to add me! (and no, my last name isn't really 'Dyeabolical', but it would be SO AWESOME if it were)
  • There are a lot of quality dyers out there, some new and some who have been around for awhile, but there are also a lot of get-rich-quick, fly-by-night dyeing operations out there who may not know or care that they are giving the rest of us a bad name. I want to sincerely thank you for continuing to buy hand dyed and handmade from artisans who focus on quality, customer service and artistry. I love my job and it fits my needs, but it is a lot of work for not a lot of money. Knowing that you appreciate hand dyed means the world.
  • I got in to  Strange Folk Festival again this year! Wooohoo! Last year the spinners at Strange Folk asked for more diversity in my spinning fibers. You're getting it this year, spinners! I have already dyed a few pounds of wensleydale. Over the next few months I'll be listing polwarth, Falkland, merino, bfl and bfl/silk blends. Here is a (really fuzzy) preview of the wensleydale! This stuff is dyeing dying to be spun in to laceweight singles. Look for a few of the colors to make it as Lunchtime Listings this week! 






1 comment:

  1. As soon as you said "Strange Folk" my heart skipped a beat. I can't wait!!! I'm hoping to have the Cecchetti done by that time - I can be a walking model for your cotton slub! :-)

    (Hmm...should've put a "festivals" exemption in my yarn diet, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.