Saturday, July 10, 2010

Silly to think

It was silly to think that my Knitting the Queue project would last any longer than the time gap between issues of Knitty. In fact, Knitting the Queue lasted exactly as long as the gap between the last issue of Knitty, which didn't have anything I had to knit right now, and the current issue, which has 4 things I want now.

I will keep plugging away at Lizard Ridge (no progress) and the Slither elbow length gloves.

I finished 2 Apres-ski kerchiefs from some handspun art yarn I traded for at a recent show.  It's gorgeous yarn.

I cast on for a sweater I can wear to the new Harry Potter without it screaming "obsessed fangirl". The pattern is called Classic Hoodie by Pheonix Bess. I am using Valley Yarn's Colrain, which is a wool/tencel blend. The pattern starts out with a dense 1x1 rib for 2.5" that they are calling nearly invisible and then decreases by nearly half the stitches when it transitions in to stockinette. I understand the theory behind casting on a huge amount of ribbing and decreasing them out, but it doesn't take the sting of having to knit 2.5" of 1x1 rib when every row has 432 stitches.  This is a sweater that I could easily be talked out of knitting until I get past the ribbing section.

And that's all I will be working on from Knitting the Queue for a while. In the meantime, Knitty. 
The new issue of Knitty is awesome. What don't I want to knit? 
Jewels by Amy from Spunky Eclectic. I think in honor of my new spinning wheel, which Amy sold me, I ought to spun up yarn for this. 

 Mythos. I seriously couldn't fall asleep last night thinking about this sweater. I don't believe in making a sweater smaller than I am currently in hopes I will lose weight, but I have a yarn in mind and in stash that has enough yardage for two sizes smaller than I actually wear. Should I? Shouldn't I? Should I? Shouldn't I? 


 Coquille shawl. I can't tell if I love this shawl or if I am obsessing over it because of the stripes. Any excuse for Noro, you know?

I cast on for Purlieu yesterday. I am using some lumpy bumpy thick and thin I was going to save for scribble lace. The Purlieu pattern uses 2-stitch short rows to emphasize the floofy yellow sections of yarn used in the pattern.


I think the yarn I am using may be plenty floofy on its own without any help. I need to knit a few more rows to decide if I love the Big. Giant. Bobbles.
Terrible cell pic of my Purlieu so far

Today's TdF stage started an hour ago and I still haven't pulled out the wheel. I suppose I ought to do that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.