Friday, August 20, 2010

Lunchtime Listing for Friday and a Preview

I was blog-blocked earlier today. I sat for 2 hours waiting for words to form themselves on my screen, but once I got started I had to keep going. That's two--1! 2!--posts for you this stormy Friday afternoon. Ah ah ah ah! Assuming this thunder actually turns in to a storm, that is. The weather has been playing fake-out lately.

I pulled the Cotton Slub from my shop inventory a few weeks ago to inventory and photograph. I despise doing inventory, even if it is just 6 tubs of yarn. I waited until Deborah could help me out. She likes inventory and she brings me vichyssoise for lunch. I think I'll keep her. This is the Cotton Slub. I already have it up in the Etsy shop for today's Lunchtime Listing(s). Shop here. The Cotton Slub starts on page 3.

My creation

Over the next few weeks there will be a lot popping up in the lunchtime listings.

I frequently bring in new yarns and fibers to shake things up. People like to have something new every so often and I like dyeing new things. This quarter I brought in a LOT of new spinning fibers that I already know for a fact I will bring in again, one of which was the tencel/merino from earlier this week and the mixed BFL for next week. I also brought in some brushed kid mohair--perfect for pairing with handspun art yarn or knitting alone in to gorgeous luxurious scarves and shawls. I'll have some examples as soon as I get pictures. Those will start getting listed next week.

 My creation

I don't know that I can hold off listing the merino silk for too much longer. The silk in this lace begged for special treatment beyond the regular tonal/semi-solids I have been doing for my regular lace yarn. I love the way they turned out. I especially love just how many colors are packed in to a single skein of yarn. I will list all 4 of these colors at the same time, probably early in the week.

My creation

This is the mixed BFL. I dyed these up in mostly semisolid colors and in 8oz-1lb lots to accommodate those who wish to spin for larger projects. I'll be listing these piecemeal as I pry them out of Scott's hands. Soft roving, guy colors,  and white BFL mixed with black BFL as the base? I might as well call this roving "Scott Scott Scott Scott". He conveniently (for him) left town before he could tell me which color he wants me to hold back. I'll withhold his weekly Dr. Who episode until he makes a decision when he gets home tonight and then I'll list the rest.
My creation

4 comments:

  1. Love it all! I"m going to start some Secret Garden socks out of the green that you sent us as soon as the pattern arrives.
    LaLa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lace weight and the blue BFL are calling to me. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! That blue is really popular. I am definitely going to have to dye more up very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.