- A mosquito flew in sometime last week and apparently laid her eggs in my open-top terrarium. I just killed one of her babies. I have no remorse.
- I'm back on Plurk again under the user name dyeabolical. Do you Plurk? I'd love to follow you.
- I had a long talk with my genius sister about marketing and the importance of keeping the same theme across multiple web presences, aka branding. I'm slowly working on coding a new front page for my website and I have redone my blog design. What do you think?
- I read an editorial today called "In Which, Emphatically and Forever, I Decline To Care How Books Smell". I know a lot of knitters are big readers. What do you think? Do you care how books smell? In this river town, the majority of that "old book smell" comes from damp musty old basements. No thank you.
- I donated a skein of yarn to the Makin' Cookies group on Ravelry in honor of their last 2 Cookie A. knit-a-longs. There is information in the group on how to enter to win my skein of yarn or one from the other sponsors.
- I've been crocheting! I am toying with the idea of making a garland of flowers for my booth set-up, but at this pace it might turn out a bit like Auntie Mame's beginning weaving project, an enormous rug...a bell-pull by the fireplace.
- Deborah and I are doing our own form of Yarn Harlot's sock club. We committed to finishing a pair of socks a month for the next 6 moths. I didn't finish July's sock, but I enthusiastically cast on for the August sock. The yarn color is a one-off that I over-dyed a few months ago. I'll be honest and say that the color in the skein is not very attractive, but knitted up it is gorgeous! In the skein it looks like a bizarre orange and bronze. Knitted up there are oranges, reds, greens, browns! LOVELY! I wish this picture showed it better. I'll try to get a daytime picture soon.
I'm sold out of the color, but I heard that Knitorious still has a skein of it left.