Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In Other News

In other news:
  • I switched the spring/summer Strong Arm sock yarn colors out for fall colors at Laumeier Sculpture Park and I refreshed the stock of felting fibers at Paste. 
  • I pulled the mixed BFL listings down. I claimed the blue for me, Ann claimed the gray for her and I think I want to card the maroon and silver together in to batts. Did I just say batts? Yep. I just said batts. I should be getting a drum carder any day now. I have some really great braids of roving, if I can say so myself without sounding like a self-promotional ass, and some braids that aren't bad. My goal is to turn the not-bad braids in to really great batts.  
  • I dyed more sock yarn for my both at Strange Folk.
  • I need a new name for this color. This color combo reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on what. Any ideas?
  • I'm working on a few skeins of handspun for inventory. This us 416 yards of a beaded 2-ply dk-to-worsted yarn (roughly 7oz). It is balanced, despite having inclusions and ever so slightly overspun singles in spots. It is a little slubby and a little smooth. Yes it's my first beaded yarn but it's solidly spun so I'm selling it anyway, albeit at a reduced price. I'm calling it "Where Rustic Meets Bling" and I'll have it at Strange Folk (or earlier if you want it) for $40.  

9 comments:

  1. I love all the new colors.

    The nameless yarn reminds me of the St. Louis Blues Hockey team. My sister would love it in a scarf to go with her jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with EatAnts - exactly my thought before I saw she'd beaten me to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most wicked sense of timing. I love the new sock yarns. And, the yarn looks like the Blues Hockey team colors, so I agree with EatAnts and Joy. Besides, how bad would Saint Louie Blues be for a yarn color name?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like all the colors in Van Gogh's "Starry Night"! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I think Ah-Ling is on to something too with the Van Gogh's "Starry Night". It really does scream that too, now that she has mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starry Night! That's what I was thinking of. Being a St. Louis girl, I think I may need to go with Cindy's Saint Louie Blues. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ah-Ling Genius! Yes, that's what I was trying to come up with! I think I'll need to go with STL Blues. I'm not a hockey fan, but folks around here bleed blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Yes STL Blues is perfect. Can't wait to hear about the drum carder. Did it show up yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.