Thursday, September 23, 2010

Strange Folk Festival

Are you getting excited? My stomach won't stop flipping around for lots of reasons but mostly,  I'm excited to be there, I'm excited to see everyone and I'm worried I'll forget something vital like change or a toothbrush. I'm relatively certain I'll remember to bring the yarn.

Everything in the windowsill, on the table and hanging from the light fixture is what I'm taking. 75 pounds of yarn. It doesn't feel like much, but then I remember how I had 18 pounds of yarn the first year and I thought my table was so full. Last year we booked 2 tables and we were bursting out of the table. Clearly I have more than enough yarn and fiber for the space, but I can't help but think that maybe I ought to have ordered and dyed another 30 pounds or so. You know, just in case I accidentally stumble on to a way to bend space and time to make it all fit in the booth. :P
My biggest tummy flipper is that I have agreed to teach a beginning knitting class in addition to working the booth, plus I want to visit with the knit-in that I organized and that Ann is running. Thank you, Ann! I have already way over committed myself and I'm super stressed out about it. Next year, no lessons until Sunday morning. I'm not sure what I was thinking by offering to teach a class during the busiest part of the day.

Well, that's enough of my projecting my stress on to you. It's detail time!

  • The festival officially opens at 10am and closes at 6pm.
  • There is no giveaway this year so there won't be that mad dash of people first thing.
  • There is not an ATM on premises, but there is one at Regions Bank on Hwy 50.
  • Speaking of money, I accept checks and credit cards. 
  • Sales tax is 7.85%. Some people collect it, some don't. I usually do, but this year I've decided to eat the cost of it without increasing my prices. You're getting a 7.85% discount! 
  • I am under the pavilion. I have a corner in the middle. If you knew where I was the last 2 years, I am back to back with that space. 
  • Knitting lessons begin in the Paste Crafts tent at 11am. 
  • The Knit-In begins at 12 and goes until 3. Bring your knitting, crochet or spinning wheel. Strange Folk organizers are providing blankets for people to sit on and space if you want to bring your own chair. 
  • More info here: http://www.strangefolkfestival.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.