Sunday, October 3, 2010

Customer FOs for September

My absolute favorite thing at the Strange Folk Festival is visiting with our friends from the Artisan Guild of Southern Illinois. I always wish I had more time to spend with them. I keep trying to convince them to switch their meetings from Thursdays to Tuesdays and to move them from Southern Illinois to Missouri so I can meet up with them once in a while, but so far they have been strangely  resistant to switching around their whole organization to fit my whims, darn it. *g* They are seriously the most generous group of crafters I have ever met. They are so free with their knowledge and very kind people on top of it. I love them! They always wear their nametags, too, which is important because I don't do names well. For instance, I am only 80% sure that this is Beth despite having met Probably Beth half a dozen times at this point. At least I'm 100% sure that's a yarn she spun from a Dyeabolical batt she bought 2 hours earlier. I wanna spin that fast. 

Here's a close up of Beth's yarn. Bumpy slubby arty!
Another yarn spun up from Dyeabolical top. Was this Probably Beth, too? I think so. Unfortunately my camera phone failed to work when Karen and Susan (oh I hope that's right!) stopped by the booth with their yarns. Next year I'm bringing a real camera and writing my notes on my arm instead of a random piece of paper that will inevitably get run through the wash. If anyone in the Guild would like to send me pictures of their spun yarns or projects I would be happy to feature them.
Ariel's adorable little boy walked past my booth with this awesome sweater on knit by Ariel's mom in Cotton Slub Sport.

Annie's been spinning like a top lately. I believe she's spun something like 3lbs of wool this month altogether, some of which she got from me. If you don't follow Annie currently, you may want to. Sometime this week she plans on dyeing shetland wool using some walnut worm soup. I'm positive it will make for good reading. Anywho, back to the FOs. She spun some masham wool I dyed for her a few months ago.
She spun this 2-ply yarn from this superwash merino/nylon blend colorway I have in my shop....
...and quickly cast on for these awesome toe-up socks. (I know, I know. Technically this isn't a finished object picture, but the objects are finished.)
Crafty and Crap used some felting wool to needle felt this pinky brain and awesome eyeball. She showed it to us at the Strange Folk booth. Sometime later there was an uncomfortable silence when my husband said "I can't stop think about CC's eyeballs...." Oh really?
This is my favorite FO of the month because it was made for me. Or rather, Deborah made it and showed it to me and I kept it because I'm like that. Now if only I could find the other day of the dead sugar skull she made a few years ago to put with it. I wrapped that sugar skull in tissue, packed it with desiccant, sealed it in an airtight container and safely packed it away in ???? 
Magan from Needle Nouveau embroidered this cherry blossom pillowcase for her shop using a semisolid burgundy silk thread she bought from me last year. She inspired me to buy another cone of this silk to have on hand for embroiderers. Let me know if there is a color I can ever do up for you.
Jane from Manoa Road Cafe crocheted this really fantastically awesome coffee sleeve from holding 2 strands of Cotton Warp together. I sold out of this colorway for the 4th show in a row. I think it's time I come up with a name for this bright colorway. Maybe something other than the uncreative CMY I've been calling it.
Dawn knocks it out of the park again with another great project crocheted out of Cotton Warp.

Laura and Leslie from The Knitgirllls spun this up from some merino top as a gift for Wendy. What a great hostess gift, Laura and Leslie! 

This final FO is not from one of my yarns, but it is from one of my patterns. Amitiel used my All Hands On Deck top-down mitten pattern and used a self-striping yarn. Didn't she do a great job?

 Thank you everyone for letting me show your finished objects! Please let me know if I have missed anyone. To be included in the monthly FO wrap-up, either email me a picture of your finished object or tag you project in Ravelry with the words Dyeabolical or link to a Dyeabolical yarn and drop me a DM.

1 comment:

  1. How cool to have all that validation of your work. I am still thinking about what I'm going to make with the handspun I got in our trade at Strange Folk. I know that it's going to be something for me, probably a hat I think.

    I may take you up on your offer to join you at Tower Grove on the 23rd. I should here if I got into Artrophy's show or not in the next few days. If not I would love to join you and Katatomic for the day. Thanks so much for the offer, it really means a lot to me. It was such a bummer to not get into RRCS this year but I'm trying to think positive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.