Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dyeabolical Batt, Bump and Braid Fiber of the Month Club



It's here! Many of you have suggested I do a monthly club and I'm finally doing it!

Introducing the Dyeabolical Batt, Bump and Braid Fiber of the Month Club!
[I'm going through Artfire for the fiber club, at least the first few days and my Artfire shop has very little stock in it besides the club. My full stock is still available through Etsy. ]

This is the first time I am doing a fiber club and I I am keeping this first installment small to work out any hiccups. I am limiting this first club to only 30 members.

The special introductory price is US $54.00 for US $60.50 worth of merchandise spread out over 3 months--January, February and March 2011. Shipping and handling is not included in the price. Missouri residents are subject to sales tax.

This first club will include:

*4oz batt of drum carded in an exclusive club colorway

*4oz braid of a wool in an exclusive club colorway

*2 to 4oz bump of a luxury fiber, rare wool, cellulose fiber or wool/luxury blend in an exclusive club colorway


All weights are approximate.

My club fiber selection is based on a 12-month cycle. Except for the batts, which will be primarily merino, the fiber base will not repeat more often than once every 12 months.

Club batts may contain commercially dyed components. Club batts feature merino heavily, but may also contain other hand dyed wools, angelina, firestar, nylon, alpaca, silk, sari silk, neps or other fibers. Some club batts may contain sparkle or may be an chunky art batt. Please let me know if you would prefer a non-glittery batt or a smooth batt. Please let me know if you have any allergies.

Club braids may be merino, bfl, wool blend, corriedale, falkland, polwarth, finn, coopworth, or another mid-priced 100% wool.

Club bumps will be 2 to 4 oz of fiber that may be a wool blend (e.g., bfl/silk, merino/bamboo), a luxury fiber (e.g., silk, camel), a relatively rare wool to spin (e.g., wensleydale, jacob, cheviot or masham), a cellulose or cellulose blend fiber (e.g, wool/flax blend, bamboo, milk fiber) or other "special" fiber. The size of the bump depends on how "special" it is, but the goal is closer to 4oz. Please let me know if you have any allergies.

Each month will feature a colorway exclusive to club members for 6 months.

Extras will be available for purchase to club members only for 6 months while supplies of my pre-dyed stock lasts. I am happy to do custom orders of club colorways and fibers after my supply of pre-dyed sock runs out, but the minimum order will be 1 pound of fiber if it is not a fiber I carry regularly.

For double helpings of fiber, order 2 club memberships.

Club shipments will be shipped first class in tyvek envelopes with tracking on domestic packages.

Fibers are dyed, carded and stored in a non-smoking home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.