Friday, November 19, 2010

Yarn Club Right Now

Did I say a yarn of the month club next year? I meant yarn club right now.

I was planning on waiting to offer a sock yarn club next year, but after I introduced my fiber club a few days ago I received several messages asking where the yarn club is. Actually, I received many more messages about where the yarn club was than I did for orders for the fiber club. Oops! I'm still super duper super excited about the fiber club, but I worked out the details and started placing orders for sock yarn today. We’re making the sock club happen today.  

Thanks to all who poked me with their needles. 
==============================


Want to join the fiber club, but don’t spin? Here’s your chance! I’ve decided to offer a sock yarn of the month club!

 
Sign up for the Dyeabolical Sock Yarn of the Month Club and get 3 or 6 months of custom dyed sock yarn in surprise colors and surprise base each month starting in January.

Each 3 month membership is $60. Sign up for the 6 month cluband the price is only $108! [As with the fiber club, I'm selling most of the memberships through Artfire. It keeps my costs down and yours. My full inventory is still available through Etsy.]

Each month will include 100 gram hank of sock yarn dyed in a custom coloway. Club colorways will remain exclusive for 6 months. I will endeavor to match the sock club colorway to the fiber club colorway whenever practical and possible with the dyeing technique I have chosen that month.

The coloways may be semi-solid, tonally variegated, strongly variegated and may be painted using a variety of different dyeing techniques (hand painted, kettle dyed, mosaic, overdyed). You know I lean towards strong saturated variegated yarns, so please let me know if you have a strong preference for semi-solids and tonally variegated colors and I will do my best to accommodate your request.

The base yarns for the sock club may be superwash merino/nylon, superwash merino, superwash bfl or some other sock-appropriate blend. For those with a strong base preference, I am happy to dye your club selection every month on my regular sock base, Strong Arm Sock Yarn. Just drop me a note and I’ll be happy to do that for you.  

Extras will be available for purchase to club members only for 6 months while supplies of my pre-dyed stock lasts. I am happy to do custom orders of club colorways after my supply of pre-dyed sock runs out, but the minimum order will be 2 hanks if it is not a fiber I carry regularly.

Club shipments will be shipped first class in tyvek envelopes with tracking on domestic packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.