Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Customer FOs for November

FOs are Finished Objects. A finished object is any item knitted, crocheted, woven, felted, spun or otherwise transformed from Dyeabolical yarns and fibers into another form (e.g. yarn knitted in to mittens, warp crocheted in to dishcloths, fiber in to a felted object, dyed top spun in to yarn). If you would like me to include your FO in an upcoming post, along with a link to your website/blog/shop/Rav ID, then please email me or message me through Ravelry. Thank you to my customers and friends for letting me share your FOs! 
==================================================
Amy Lee knitted this very cool shawl from a skein of Alter Ego Sock Yarn (discontinued). Amy Lee's project notes say this is done in Luthor's Revenge colorway (dyed by special request), but the Slither colorway is very similar. The pattern she used is a top-down raglan construction. You just don't join the underarms to form sleeves. I haven't read through the pattern entirely, but it appears that you can pretty much make it to any size, just like a regular top-down raglan and it will stay on your shoulders, if you have broad shoulders like me. I am so making one of these shawls. At least one of these shawls. Find the link to the pattern and more shawl pictures on Amy Lee's Ravelry project page. 

 Rose, from BeaGin Designs, knit this warm hat for her puppy self out of Zombie Alpacalypse in Fate, PhD colorway.


BethAnn added some of her yarn spun from Dyeabolical fibers to Ravelry. This brick colored one is a merino/tencel called "Can't hit the side of a ..."
This yarn was spun from a batt with lots of nubbly texture.

Beth doesn't specify, but I think this is superwash BFL.
 Suzanne, who make La-Di-Da stitch markers for Knitorious, used hairpin lace to create this really wonderful bookmark using Dyeabolical Cotton Warp! Wonderful job, Suzanne!
Tammie snatched up the only 4 skeins of this color in a base yarn I was testing out. I ultimately decided not to bring the base yarn in as a regular line, but the color is going to stay! I am dyeing more of this color, Golden Afternoon, next week on some new sock yarn that just arrived. Where was I? Oh yes, Tammie's vest! AMAZING. Amazing. That's all. Pictures do not do this justice. She used a pattern from the Knit One Below book to make a fully reversible vest. Beautiful job, Tammie.


This is something I finished. I made the Tardis Socks pattern (ravelry link) out of my Strong Arm Sock Yarn in Doctor Who Blue. DWB was originally a OOAK overdyed color but I can do this color again if there is a special request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.