Saturday, February 19, 2011

Needles for Newborns

Little hats on a clothesline
For the second Saturday in a row I spent time with my fibery peoples and ate amazing brownies. This week I was at Paste Craft's Needles for Newborns event where knitters and crocheters made teeny tiny hats for babies.  We were there for only a few hours, but the last I talked to the organizers there were nearly 100 hats made today. Good job, knitters!
Kara made the teeniest hat of all. It was so small it wouldn't even fit her water bottle.

Also Kara's. This one fits the water bottle, but just barely.
Mine, crocheted in kitchen cotton.
This hat is a lesson in individual gauge. This was knit from the same pattern as Kara's first hat except I used needles 2 sizes smaller. Her hat was so small it didn't fit a water bottle. Mine was big enough for an average sized infant, not a preemie. The yarn had a little bit to do with that. Kara used DK and I used worsted, but I went down TWO needle sizes!
Another crochet hat. I love how the yarn pooled here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.