Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I don't do every Ten on Tuesday because it is usually Thursday before I read the prompt, but today I caught it on time and it is a topic on which I can speak with great authority. I give you...
My 10 Favorite Kinds of Pie
  1. Apple pie. Mmm, mmm my favorite. Bonus points for extra cinnamon and a dense chewy crust to hold all that apple goodness.
  2. Pumpkin pie. Specifically my mom's pumpkin pie. Sometimes pumpkin pie can be watery, pale or, ugh, grainy. This is not the pumpkin pie I desire. Nay, my kind of pie is dark, spicy and custard-like just like mom makes.
  3. Custard pie and its coconut derivative. Someone once told me that key lime pie is a cousin to the custard pie. Perhaps, but if key lime is a cousin to the custard pie then it is like that bad cousin that your parents wouldn't let you hang out with.
  4. Lemon Meringue. I eat the meringue, then I eat the lemon, then I eat the crust. I never eat all 3 layers at once.
  5. Cherry pie with a top crust. The right crust is really important with cherry pie.
  6. Pot pie. Technically not a dessert unless you like to follow your main meal with meat and gravy.
  7. Hostess pies. Don't judge.
  8. Chocolate pudding pie with a graham cracker crust and dream whip top. No, french silk pie is not the same thing as chocolate pudding pie. It is not. It is not. It is not. 
  9. Peach pie.
  10. Quiche. Also not a dessert, but still a pie.
=================================================
Check out my website at http://www.dyeabolical.com and my etsy shop at http://dyeabolicalyarns.etsy.com Receive 15% off through March 31 by entering the code March2011 during checkout.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to partake in a taste off of #8/ My list Peach, apple, pumpkin, chicken pot, chocolate, pecan, blueberry, tastycake eclair pie, rhubarb, sweet potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 10 favorite pies would read. 1. Cake, 2. Cake, 3. Cake...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.