My 10 Favorite Kinds of Pie
- Apple pie. Mmm, mmm my favorite. Bonus points for extra cinnamon and a dense chewy crust to hold all that apple goodness.
- Pumpkin pie. Specifically my mom's pumpkin pie. Sometimes pumpkin pie can be watery, pale or, ugh, grainy. This is not the pumpkin pie I desire. Nay, my kind of pie is dark, spicy and custard-like just like mom makes.
- Custard pie and its coconut derivative. Someone once told me that key lime pie is a cousin to the custard pie. Perhaps, but if key lime is a cousin to the custard pie then it is like that bad cousin that your parents wouldn't let you hang out with.
- Lemon Meringue. I eat the meringue, then I eat the lemon, then I eat the crust. I never eat all 3 layers at once.
- Cherry pie with a top crust. The right crust is really important with cherry pie.
- Pot pie. Technically not a dessert unless you like to follow your main meal with meat and gravy.
- Hostess pies. Don't judge.
- Chocolate pudding pie with a graham cracker crust and dream whip top. No, french silk pie is not the same thing as chocolate pudding pie. It is not. It is not. It is not.
- Peach pie.
- Quiche. Also not a dessert, but still a pie.
Check out my website at http://www.dyeabolical.com and my etsy shop at http://dyeabolicalyarns.etsy.com Receive 15% off through March 31 by entering the code March2011 during checkout.