Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday is for Handspun (pic heavy)

There has been a lot of handspinning and spinning accesorries acquisition happening around here lately, some of which have been gifts from my wonderful friends. Knitters are just about the most generous people in the world, I think!

Annie gave me this JessLu bag to hang from my spinning wheel. It fits the hook, oil and extra bobbin perfectly! 

I traded with Nichol from Blue Goose Farms for this unbelievably gorgeous mohair. She included some sample locks from her other mohair goats...
...some Mardi Gras themed coffee (not pictured obviously)...
...and this gorgeous spinning hook made by our friend who I'm not sure wants to be named yet, but you know who you are. Open an Etsy shop already, won't ya?

Annie gave me the roving for this yarn last year. It is a silk, alpaca and camel blend. It was terrible to spin when I first sat down with it last year. I decided to give it another try this year. I sat down, attached the leader and 4 hours later I had this gorgeous yarn. What a difference a year makes!
90 bulky yards of a 3-ply done from the March fiber club.
Tussah silk dyed by BMFA. OMG! Amazing to spin! That's what I gotta say about that.

Dyed by Tempted Yarns for the Knitgirlls spin-a-long. I got 300 yards of a heavy fingering 2-ply from this superwash bfl. I love the barberpole/gradient effect it came out with!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.