Friday, June 3, 2011

Customer FOs for May 2011

FOs are Finished Objects. A finished object is any item knitted, crocheted, woven, felted, spun or otherwise transformed from Dyeabolical yarns or spinning fibers into another form (e.g. yarn knitted in to mittens, warp crocheted in to dishcloths, fiber in to a felted object, dyed top spun in to yarn). If you would like me to include your FO in an upcoming post (or if I have forgotten anyone!) email me or message me through Ravelry. Thank you to my customers and friends for letting me share your FOs!
=====================================================

You people have been busy. Your needles must be smokin'! Can you believe these FOs? Every one of them is a winner.

Shells is my Cotton Slub test knitter. She knit the darling purple sweater featured last month from my old Cotton Slub Sport base and then immediately cast on for a new sweater, which is the one above (close-up below), out of the new Cotton Slub DK base so she could give me a side-by-side comparison and recommendation. How awesome is she? It still kills me that the mill discontinued the Slub Sport base, but Shells has given 2 thumbs up for the Slub DK base. It will be in the shop this month, I hope. More on that later.
Tempest Tea managed 2 pairs of socks this month! The first one is made out of a Strong Arm Sock Yarn color that I have never managed to name! What name would work for it?
Tempest Tea's other pair of socks is made from Flamingos On a Croquet Law colorway. I love these!
LegalGirl knit these Ampersand socks in just a few days, it seems. She used the "Julia's Apron" colorway that was the April's sock yarn of the month. I'm inspired to rip out my socks started from the same yarn and make these! 
Some of you may know SwedishRose, who knit these Superhero-colored socks, by her other name--BeaGin Designs. She produces the snagless stitch markers I send out with each order. Do you think she used some of her markers for these great socks?
SwedishRose knitted up this cute bunny nugget from her leftover Superhero sock yarn.
Deborah finished a shawl from Victorian Lace Today in the "We're All Mad Here" colorway in the Bling base. She ran out of yarn with only rows to go! Luckily, she knew where to get more. No, not from me, but from our friend Annie who had snagged 2 hanks for herself just days before! [Deborah, I just notice you have not updated your blog since April 28. Ahem, ahem. Get on that, will you?]
Back of Deborah's shawl

Mayasveil knit this beautiful Citron shawl from Merino Silk Lace. I just love the Citron shawl. I need to get knitting on mine!
Guess how long it took HotPinkSocks to knit this Multnomah shawl? This color was one of the last one I did before I left for Kentucky Sheep and Fiber, which was on May 21-22. Today is June 2 and I've had these pictures since yesterday. 10 days from the day she bought it until the day I had pictures of it blocked and on a model. I think the actual knitting of it only took her 5 days! There are 2 hanks left of that color.
SaliorJuliet used Cotton Warp in the Fire Harvest colorway for this great shawl. She mentioned in her blog that the pattern might be better in a non-variegated colorway, but I love it. Of course, I may be just a smidge biased. :)
TaiwanDawn has been a prolific user of the Cotton Warp yarn and this month is no different. She crocheted a sweet dress, also out of the Fire Harvest Colorway.


KateOhKatie knit 2 projects this month from Dyeabolical yarn. The first is a set of legwarmers for cute chubby baby legs.


KateOhKatie's second project is this awesome hat. Do you see what the pooling did? Very cool!


Last, but certainly not least, is Liat's handspun yarn. She took a braid of my merino, carded it with sparkles and the spun this great art yarn. She also sells her creative art yarns in her etsy shop leeloosh.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. I kept thinking of coral reefs when I was knitting with this yarn, so maybe it could be Coraline Downunder. Thanks for posting my socks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.