Thursday, July 14, 2011

June 2011 Customer FOs

FOs are Finished Objects. A finished object is any item knitted, crocheted, woven, felted, spun or otherwise transformed from Dyeabolical yarns or spinning fibers into another form (e.g. yarn knitted in to mittens, warp crocheted in to dishcloths, fiber in to a felted object, dyed top spun in to yarn). If you would like me to include your FO in an upcoming post (or if I have forgotten anyone!) email me or message me through Ravelry. Thank you to my customers and friends for letting me share your FOs with my blog readers!
=================================================
 I can tell we're in the heat of the summer now. It is too hot for many of us to keep a heavy sweater on our laps, so we turn to spinning yarn or working on lighter weight projects. I'm the same. I rarely venture out in to the heat if I can help it, but I still don't want a heavy wool sweater sitting on my lap. The projects for June were mostly smaller and lighter. We also have quite a few newer spinners who have yarns to show off!

Annie cranked out this gorgeous lightweight cardigan in no time. She used 3 hanks of Bling sock yarn in, unsurprisingly, the Annie colorway. She alternated 3 balls of yarn to minimize any pooling that the yarn wanted to do. I think she was pretty successful, don't you think? Don't you kind of want to cast on your own sock yarn sweater right this very moment, or is it just me that feels that way? Very inspiring, Annie. Thanks for sharing!

Karamichele used some hand dyed silk to cross stitch the fleur de lis above and the embroidery below. Aren't those great? Very creative! I have more of this silk thread (technically a very fine laceweight), but haven't made any more thread, but I can! Just let me know and I would be happy to do some for you.
This is technically a July project, but it is so cool I thought I would include it this month. Kate learned to spin on a wheel 1.5 weeks ago. Yeah....I think she's a natural, don't you?  From left to right: generic wool, merino (not Dyeabolical, but I gave it to her so it counts!), falkland in Pot O'Gold and a superwash blue faced leciester in a blue variegated.
 Before Kate was bitten by the spinning bug she finished these great socks in a one off Strong Arm Sock color.
Beck requested a superwash bfl top be dyed in the Dark (k)Night colorway. She spun it up in no time and knitted it in to the great scarf below. Go Scarfed Crusader!
Susan spun this beautiful handspun from the Steampunk Themysicra colorway and knit up the socks below. She, too, seemed to both spin and knit this project in about 5 minutes.
I think Lisa, who spun the yarn above, and Mandy, who spun the yarn below, ought to send me their yarns so I can knit a beautiful striped shawl out of them!
SpinnerFella is another prolific spinner. He manged to spin the yarn above, the yarns below and I know he spun several other braids from other dyers, too. Go, Speed Racer!
UnchainedFae used a hank of Cotton Slub to whip up this soft summer scarf. Is there anything more elegant or satisfying than a simple yo,k2tog lace? 

Clevercatsknit made this wonderful Caternary shawl from a hank of Bling. I love the way shaping is done for this shawl.
I can do the Bling base in any regular colorway, but I prefer using up my leftover dyes on the Bling base like I did here. One of a kind sparkles? I am so there.
Baconfairy (great name!) knitted these Jaywalkers from the Golden Afternoon colorway. I know, I know, they aren't very golden, right? I took my inspiration for this colorway from a still from Alice in Wonderland's All in a Golden Afternoon song. Mostly green, a little bit of color? See it now? No? Ok, let's sing a song!


Last, but not least, is Pinksonia's Les Bons Temp socks. She used 3 different colors of superwash merino worsted weight in Mardi Gras colors (purple, green, gold) to knit these cozy socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.