Monday, July 4, 2011

Tour de Francey Pants

It is that time of year again! It is the 4th of July weekend and instead of sleeping off a BBQ hangover like the rest of America, I am up at 7am to watch the live video coverage of the Tour de France and spin yarn like mad for the Tour de Fleece. That means it is also time for my annual Versus TV "All Access Pass" rant, but this year I think I'll skip it.

Versus teamed up with NBC this year and all for the better. The video works when it says it is going to work. There is a schedule posted, the picture is clear and the video player doesn't require downloading a piece of software that bogs everything down. FINALLY.  It is so much better than the last few years where it took a lot of struggling on customers parts to get the video to play correctly. My only complaint is that I wish that the broadcast included coverage from the beginning of the race and not pick up halfway through. That's annoying to pay extra for all-access and only get the same video broadcast that plays on TV.

Tour de Fleece is well underway, as well. I finished plying the yarn below and spun a bobbin of lace singles. Yesterday I spun a second bobbin of lace singles. I can't give pictures because I am spinning the July fiber club selection and I don't want to give spoilers yet. Today and tomorrow I am all about spinning sock yarn. Wednesday and Thursday are for worsted singles. Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be for plying, plying, plying. I may even switch to the bulky flyer for the worsted singles.
Unlike the last several Tours, I can't take most of July off. The mornings are devoted to spinning and watching le Tour, but the afternoons are all for dyeing up the July club fiber and a few custom orders. I suspect a few late nights, too.
=======

I am writing the June Customer FO round-up soon, so please let me know ASAP if you have any finished yarns or finished projects made from Dyeabolical products that you would like to share.

1 comment:

  1. I just posted a couple pics of stuff I spun this weekend, here: http://wp.me/pcdoH-wq

    Will have more pics tonight, of that blue BFL, if that's something you might want to include. (Though if you have an "anti sucky-yarn clause" and don't want to show it, I'll certainly understand ;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.