Friday, September 23, 2011

Customer FOs for August 2011

Super meaty side-to-side ruffled scarf knitted by Annie out of a Dyeabolical sock flat.
OH, THE GUILT! Several of you have noticed that I haven't put up the August Monthly FO post yet. Yeah, see, about that, um, I've been busy getting ready for things and while the FO post didn't exactly slip my mind,  it wasn't exactly on my mind, either. Then Kate and Kara hit me with their twin guilt ray guns at Wednesday knitting, so Thursday I spent day tracking down August FOs, gathering picture permissions and writing this. I still got it done before September was over, so it still counts, right? Right? *g*

The shop is in vacation mode right now while I'm at Strange Folk, which is why I haven't linked to any of the yarns, but it will be back up next week. Here we go!

FOs are Finished Objects. A finished object is any item knitted, crocheted, woven, felted, spun or otherwise transformed from Dyeabolical yarns or spinning fibers into another form (e.g. yarn knitted in to mittens, warp crocheted in to dishcloths, fiber in to a felted object, dyed top spun in to yarn). If you would like me to include your FO in an upcoming post (or if I have forgotten anyone!) email me or message me through Ravelry. Thank you to my customers and friends for letting me share your FOs with my blog readers!

Kara knitted this Amiga cardigan from less than 3 hanks of the old Cotton Slub Sport base (replaced by Cotton Slub DK) in the color "Perfect Turquoise". I love how this turned out. It looks so much better than how my Amiga turned out. That is the difference between a knitter who double checks gauge and tries the sweater on at frequent intervals and a knitter who says "Feh! It will be fine!"
Pattoncy knits clothes for Asian ball-jointed dolls for her shop Squirrel Moon Handknits. I love the colors she pics for the sweaters and they are so well knitted. She knit this sweater out of the Bling base in a one of a kind colorway. Go check out her shop if you are a doll-collector.
Reina made this beautiful lace shawl and an Irish Hiking scarf (not pictured) for her in-laws. Lucky in-laws!
Kkspac improvised these wonderful socks using a simple to-up pattern. She used the Strong Arm Skinny yarn in Flower Shop Inferno colorway.  Check out her modifications on her project page.
Mimahe, maker of MammaMia jewelry and stitch markers, knit this sparkly shawl from this one-off Bling colorway.  Bling has lots of sparkles through the hank and is perfect for either socks, shawl or other sparkle-appropriate wearable. This sweet little shawlette would be a great pick-me up when the doldrums of winter arrive.

Echelon used a 2-ply lace yarn in purple to make this wonderful Terpischore shawl. Beautiful job, Echelon!  I have always loved feather and fan variations. I really wan to make this sometime this winter. Perhaps out of a heavy sock yarn?

KarenK knitted these awesome socks called Burning Rings of Fire from the Strong Arm base in what I think was the very very first prototype test batch of the Annie before I took notes when I dyed. Oy, someone get a time machine and kick me to write that exact recipe down, ok, because Karen's Annie and the current Annie only resemble each other a little bit. ALSO? I'm totally casting these socks on as soon as I get 2 minutes to myself.
KateohKatieohKateohKateohKatieKate (or whatever her name is; I always have to google it *g*) traveled to England this summer. Before her trip she requested that I create a sock colorway for her travel knitting. Her color request was that the color convey the knitterlyness and Englishness of her travel adventures. For instance, "Here's me knitting in a castle!"  "Here's me knitting on The Tube!"  "Here's me teaching a fuzzy-hat Buckingham Palace guard to knit!" So basically, she asked me to request the perfect colorway and could I please make it match England? Of course I would! I asked her some important England questions to help figure out what she wanted exactly. I asked the regular dyeing questions (semisolid or variegated, least favorite colors, etc)  and also the following, "How do you feel about knitting from a sock blank in to self striping yarn? Where in England are you visiting? How do you feel about the Queen? Wills and Kate? Tell me your feeling on the Olympics and earl gray tea. Are you a Doctor Who fan? What is you favorite BBC show?"and got dyeing. Kate named it Crumpets and Crazycakes, which is pretty much my favorite color name yet.
What's this? I have FOs? Unbelievable! *g* I knitted this Iris Goddess of the Rainbow shawlette out of 1 hank of Cotton Warp in the Fire Harvest colorway.

I have had 2 hanks of  of superwash worsted hanging out in a basket for almost a year now. I finally knit it up in to Susan Anderson's Twisted infinity scarf using the Steampunk Themyscira colorway. "Steampunk" is any of my regular clear handpainted colorways with a bit of sooty steapunkishness added to the pot to mute the colors.

3 comments:

  1. I *still* love the meat scarf! (odd, seeing as how I have that whole "vegetarian" thing goin' for me... :-P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, too! Ann might not get it back from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *insert earlier witty comment here*

    (I can't remember what it was, but I'm trying to see if I've figured out why blogger hates me & won't let me comment on things.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.