Thursday, December 29, 2011

On the 5th Day of Christmas

Hand made gifts are the best gifts. The crafty Santas in my life have been extra generous this season. What's listed below is just a portion of the wonderfulness that came my way this year. I hope you find it inspirational in your own crafting.

On the 5th day of Christmas, my knitting friends gave to me, this adorable hand-sewn bag and a needle-felted bug-eyed fish. They're both sitting next to me on the couch so I can admire them. I love them Mindy and Kara!


Way back on the 1st Day of Christmas, my mom gave me a stack of headbands from remnants and various fat quarters she had. I don't usually wear headbands in public. My hair is a little too short and fine to pull that off, but I do wear headbands or bandannas at home almost every day. When I wake up in the morning, I go right to work checking emails, dyeing, etc. I control bedhead by slipping on a headband or a bandanna. She also made a very cool advent calendar that is made of fabric chains. You remove a chain each day. Before you ask, yes, the advent calendar is currently living on my rabbit ears.


2 comments:

  1. Love the headbands! Headbands are hard to find for giant head girls (like myself. I prefer my brains not to be squeezed out of my head.
    Glad you like you goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your headband is awesome. I have problems with them falling out of my hair so I know the joy of finding one that works. Fish and bag are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.