Friday, January 6, 2012

November-December FOs!

Remember when I said 2012 was the year I learn to delegate? I'm sticking to it! Please help me welcome Allison as a new contributor to the Dyeabolical blog. She will be handling the FO posts and perhaps the occasional guest post. I hope you enjoy the changes she has made to the format of the FO posts and find a lot of inspiration from the pictures. I see about 5 things I need to cast on for immediately.

And now, I'm off to dinner with my lovely husband because I have time. Woohoo! And now, here's Allison...
------------------------

Hi everyone! Before we jump into the monthly finished object post, I wanted to quickly introduce myself since I will be handling the FO posts going forward to give Rachel one less thing to worry about. Anyway, my name is Allison, and I have been knitting since college, but really became a Knitter (with a capital K) about 5 years ago. I live in St. Louis and love Rachel's yarn just as much as you all do. You can find me as legalgirl on Ravelry and you can track me down on twitter, plurk and facebook by following the links on my Ravelry profile. Going forward please feel free to send me directly any finished Dyeabolical projects that you would like me to feature in the posts.

Now for what you have been waiting for, the awesome finished objects from the last two months! Thank you to everyone who shared pictures of their finished projects and handspun yarns made with Dyeabolical yarns and fibers in November and December. If you would like me to include your FO in an upcoming post (or if I have forgotten anyone!) email me at allison.levin [at] gmail [dot] com or message me through Ravelry.

This will be a picture heavy post. Those of you with slow internet connections may want to go have a cup of coffee while the page loads.

And now, in no particular order:


Mindy, CraftyandCrap, made this super cute needle-felted bug-eyed fish for Rachel out of Felting Fiber. I don't know about you, but I want to make one (or ten) right now!

Beck, lemonhalf, made a Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes out of Dyeabolical handspun and I am insanely jealous of the entire project. She started with Dyeabolical Superwash Roving in the Thesmyscira colorway and spun it into 424 yards of this gorgeous yarn

Which she then knit into this amazing shawl!



Next up is Leah, Zillahknits, who used a skein of Strong Arm 3ply in Sosari, along with a contrasting red yarn, to make

this amazing Daybreak Shawl by Stephen West. This shawl is definitely on my must make in 2012 list.

Steven, DramaticKnits, made his leading man socks using Strong Arm Skinny in the Dark Knight colorway

and yes, he got a full size men's sock out of 1 skein!

Tamara, neddhead, used about half of skein of the Worsted Weight Superwash in a one-off colorway to make

Trifurcate by Hunter Hammersen. You can't beat making two great gifts out of one skein of Worsted Weight Superwash!

Next up is Mandy, baconfairy, who made some Christmas socks out of Bling in the Closer Than You Think colorway that she purchased at Ewe Knit Yarns in Webster Groves, MO, one of the stores where you can buy Dyeabolical yarn in person.

Mandy used the Wanida pattern by Cookie A and knit the whole pair in 9 days! Call me jealous :)

Deborah, 7LetterDeborah, used one of the Strong Arm 3ply Sock Flats

to make basic toe-up socks. I've gotta admit, when Rachel started carrying the sock flats I wasn't sure if I'd ever buy one, but after seeing Deborah's finished object, I will be be buying myself a Sock Flat soon!

Kristin, PintSizePhoenix, took a skein of Strong Arm 3ply in the Butternut Squash colorway and made

these amazing Bois de Rose socks by Nicole Masson. These are going in my queue as well...and yes, I am quickly realizing doing these FO posts is going to increase my queue exponentially :)

Kara, KaraMichele, used the June 2011 Sock Club shipment of Strong Arm Skinny in the Always Rainbows colorway to make

some toe-up Monkey socks by Cookie A. Speaking of Kara, she was lucky enough to receive some handspun yarn from Kim, wheelinsticks

Kim used Dyeabolical Fiber in a 50% merino, 25% Tussah silk and 25% Bamboo viscose blend in the Homage to Mr. Fuschia colorway and got 300 yards of a fingering weight yarn. As somebody who has been spinning for about a month, I am so envious of Kim getting 300 yards in a fingering weight!

Mandy, who owns the Cloistered Lamb shop on Etsy, had her husband pick out a skein of BFL HardTwist Sock Yarn in his favorite colorway at the Strange Folk Festival. He chose the Steampunk colorway and Mandy wove him a scarf for Christmas!

She used a laceweight yarn in a brownish colorway for the warp and the BFL HardTwist in Steampumpk as the weft. I love the finished object!

Also at the Strange Folk Festival, Casey, who owns Tangerine Designs on Etsy, picked up a skein of Bling in the Blue Bruce colorway and made

Damson by Ysolda Teague, another great shawl pattern that you can make with only 1 skein of any of the Dyeabolical sock yarns. Casey also has an absolutely adorable model for her shawl

who I just had to show you all :)

Great knitting, spinning and weaving everyone! As always you can find everything at the Dyeabolical store. I'd be especially interested in seeing any projects you all make out of the new Hand Dyed Ribbon Rachel is carrying.

Until next time,
Allison






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.