Thursday, January 26, 2012

Unexpected results

Last year I picked up the last fleece on the table at the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival. It was $10, about 2 pounds, and the tag said it was a Wensleydale, Border Leicester and ? cross breed. It had very little VM that I could see and it was only $10, so I bought it and plunked it down at the Fleury wool processing booth so they could wash and card it for me. I thought it would make a nice gift for the avid spinners in my life.

It came back a few months ago in a fluffy coil of pin-drafted roving, which I don't have a picture of since I am posting part of this from my phone. I gave 4oz to Kim (wheelinsticks) and she spun it in to the yarn below. I know, terrible picture, but the yarn? WHOA. This questionable cross breed fleece spun up in to an extremely soft, lofty, squishy, wonderful, lovely, delightful yarn. I can't wait to spin my own share of this gorgeous fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.