Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

Today I was feeling extra draggy so I decided to perk myself up with some dyeing just for me--red cotton handkerchiefs dyed using various shibori techniques.

The pictures aren't the best, but I'm so pleased with this first batch of handkerchiefs. I'm not sure how many handkerchiefs a single person needs, but I think I may end up with dozens.

My creation

I have so much fiber to dye this week, so I hope I'm not extra draggy tomorrow, too. If I am then I'm staying in bed with my brand new copy of the new edition of The Principles of Knitting. That would be the updated version of the Principles of Knitting that used to sell on eBay for $400. Now I know why. This thing has both physical and mental heft! It is about the same size as a Chemistry 101 book, except a much more comprehensible and entertaining read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.