Friday, March 9, 2012

Green With Indie

Oh goodness. Today was a very long day. Like 15 hours long. Maybe longer, but it's ok. I'm all ready for Green With Indie this Saturday and my feet are up for the first time in days (weeks?).

Can you even see that tiny shoebox all the way at the bottom of the pile on the right in this terrible picture? That little box took EIGHT hours to process. Blame the silk ribbon. Did I even ever mention that started dyeing my own silk ribbon and am carrying Cam Creations ribbon? I've been selling it online by the yard, but never did I consider how the heck I would display that. So I cut out eighty bajillion little cards and wound 3 yards of ribbon on to each one.

It took about 7 hours to deal with the 3 other small boxes, make signs, to pack the red bag of show survival and gather and pack the booth displays up. The 3 big purple bins and the 2 small blue bins? They only took 1 hour total to process and price. Yeah, yarn? It's bulky and I kind of love the sense of accomplishment it gave me today.

I hope if you are local to St. Louis that you can make it to Green With Indie in Webster Groves on Saturday. If you like Strange Folk, you will like this show. Most of the vendors at GWI are also SF vendors. Plus for you knitters and spinners, there are three dyers there. Me and two others. There will be a lot of fiber options!


I'm bringing:
  • dyed locks 
  • embellishments for felting and spinning
  • Almost Felt (pre-felt)
  • needle felting kits
  • felting fiber
  • hand dyed fabric
  • Marilin's reversible project bags
  • handmade bias tape (under the brand Sulky Cat Creations, a new joint venture between Dyeabolical and Marilin's Bags)
  • hand painted silk bias ribbon and hand dyed silk embroidery ribbon
  • and as always, yarn and spinning fiber

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, dumplin'. So wish I could attend, but I'm planning on being at Strange Folk. It's better to see you once a year than none!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.