Saturday, May 26, 2012

Customer FOs Special Edition - Sample Knits!

Remember a few months ago when I put out a call for sample makers? Wow, you guys responded in droves. I supplied the yarn and the testers choose the pattern. I was able to decorate the booth with some really fantastic samples. Thank you so much to all of my sample makers and special thank to Corrina Ferguson for designing such a wonderful scarf to highlight my yarns. I hope you are as inspired by these projects as I was.  

And now, here's Kara (who was also a sample maker)!
================

A few months ago, Rachel put out a call for sample makers to work up projects for display at events. We the Sample Makers answered the call and knit and wove some fabulous items (if I do say so myself).

First up is one you have seen before, but it's still amazing all the same. From Corrina Ferguson (aka PicnicKnits), Vittorio - a shawl she designed specifically to show off Rachel's Flower Shop Inferno colorway.

She used the Strong Arm Skinny in Flower Shop Inferno. I'm working on one myself out of the HardTwist BFL base - loving it! [This would also work great in Alter Ego (superwash merino fingering weight), Bling (sparkly sock yarn) or, for a larger version, Super Ego (superwash merino heavy sport)]

Next up, I used the 2-ply Laceweight Merino to whip up a shawl.
Line Break
The pattern is Line Break; it looks fantastic in a semi-solid, but I bet it would work really well in one of Rachel's variegated yarns, too. Or imagine it in a bright sunny color for those summer evenings - like the Lemon Drop Bling in stock now.  (project page)

A different Kara (Shells) finished two sample knits.
This Baby Surprise Jacket is knit from the Strong Arm in Hidden Tiger, but would look fabulous in any of the other sock yarns in stock. (project page)

She also made a shawl out of the BFL Hard Twist in Queen's Tea. [Pictures do not do this shawl justice. It is so amazing in person! Kara did an awesome job. -- Rachel]
The pattern is Iris - Goddess of Rainbows. It would also work well in the Cotton Warp and be perfect to wear in those chilly office buildings.(project page)

Linda (epic1313) made a great looking Litmus shawl using Strong Arm Skinny in Jo Rides a Motorbike. 
Fabulous, right? (project page)

Megan (justrunknit) used one of Rachel's own patterns - All Hands on Deck Mittens - to make some mittens using Worsted Weight Superwash in Roma. 
The great thing about this pattern is that you can use any weight yarn to make mittens custom fit for your hands.  (project page)

From Annett, we have socks out of Strong Arm Skinny in Neopolitan. 


The top sock is the Monkey pattern, while the bottom is a simple stockinette sock. You can really see how the colors in variegated yarns play in different patterns. 

Finally, from Carrie (zinniz), a super amazingly awesome gorgeous twill scarf using Strong Arm Skinny in the Roma colorway as the warp and a solid taupe color as the weft. 

Wow. I love the look of handwoven projects! Carrie does a great job with them. This is AMAZING. [Contact me if you would like Carrie's notes on this scarf. I would be happy to forward them on. --Rachel]

As always, if you have a finished project (or handspun) you want to see featured in the monthly posts, PM me on Ravelry (karamichele) or email me at starmonkeybrass(at)gmail(dot)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.