Friday, June 22, 2012

2 Awesome Things

Two awesome things happened last week in my knitting world.

First, Knittyspin reviewed the second fiber I sent in to them. I'm two for two! The spinners favorably reviewed my English 56's superwash wool.
Sid Fishious colorway

My favorite description of the fiber was "Hufflepuff meets Ravenclaw". Did the reviewer mean color? That the golden orange is Hufflepuffy and that the blue is like the Ravenclaw banner? Or it mean the fiber all-around decent fellow, like Cedric Diggory, and the color is Luna Lovegood? Either way, it is just my kind of compliment.
Picture from Knittyspin First Fall, 2012. 
I have 4 pounds of this lovely fiber undyed and sitting on the shelf next to me. The possibilities are endless. Which color should I dye it next? 

The next awesome thing comes from Corrina Ferguson of Picnic Knits. She has designed another awesome pattern from one of my yarns. I am in total awe of Corrina's design sensibility. This is her newest shawl, Natessa, made from my 2-ply merino lace yarn:
Picture courtesy of Picnic Knits
My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw this lovely heart-shaped shawl. Picture from Picnic Knits.



1 comment:

  1. Now everyone else is finding out what we already knew...you are awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.