Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday is for blogging

I've been up since 3am to give someone a ride to the airport (I'm so good), so naturally I took all those extra free hours I was awake to rearrange my living room furniture. It started with cleaning up the plant shelves and ended with dragging steel bookcases from one end of the living room to the other and accidentally dropping a shelf full of heavy things on the floor. Aren't you glad you are not my downstairs neighbor? 
 

You might have noticed there was no shop update last week. If there is an update this week, it will also be small and it might not be on Friday. I have a lot going on this week, but it boils down to paperwork, appointments and the sniffles.
Sheep 2
Pattern: Wee Sheep by Susan Anderson
Yarn: scraps 


So far, 2013 is much much more productive than 2012 was. I have already finished 4 small projects, have several more cast on so I can get ahead of knitting ennui. I have finished 3 books and 4 novellas (see the Goodreads widget on the sidebar). My office is half-way clean and I have rearranged the living room furniture. I even set up a workable work schedule. Mondays are for blogging, for instance, so I've written most of my posts for the week. The one thing I haven't done is finish writing my 2012 recap. That's next. It's half written. I just need to add pictures and links and it will be all ready to post on Friday

In other news, have you washed your swatch lately? Always wash your swatch. That goes double if you are using supewash yarn. This cowl turned out how I expected it to turn out. No, I didn't swatch, but I have knit with superwash merino worsted yarn a lot. I knew it wouldn't hold that stiff posture it had on the needles. Unless you knit it with a watertight gauge, it grows by about 20% more than you expect it to. 

Wash your swatch!
Pattern: Puff Rib Cowl by Sarah Hollandsworth
Yarn: Madeline Tosh in Burnished on Tosh Dk
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The cowl looks totally different after washing, but it looks great. I like it! Hmm, must now go ponder the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Organizing is so rewarding!! I like your cowl, but wow did that grow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.