Thursday, April 11, 2013

Southern Illinois Sheep & Wool Festival

Whatcha doin' this Saturday? Come see Ann & I at the Southern Illinois Sheep and Craft Festival. It is a small show about half an hour outside of St. Louis. There are sheep dog trials, antique tractor display, and a not-to-be-missed lamb lunch, livestock, frozen lamb meat at great prices, various guilds & groups, plus some vendors.The main vending area is inside the barn, so we will be there rain or shine.

 
This is my 7th or 8th year attending as a spectator and 2nd year as a vendor. The parking is good, the food is good, the people are good, the vendors are good, the customers are nice, and the sheep are cute. I love going to this festival, whether I am selling or not.


The Monroe County Fairgrounds is located one-half mile west of Waterloo on State Road 156. The grounds open at 8 and everything really gets moving from 11-2 when the lunch is served. The fair is open until 5, but things broke up last year in the late afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully they won't be having the lamb in the first picture for the "lamb lunch" ;) I wish I could go see you this weekend, but we are swamped. Have fun selling your wares and kiss a baby sheep for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.