Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Fling (picture heavy)

How is it possible that I am still exhausted from last week's trip to Colorado for Spring Fling and The Loopy Ewe? How much longer can I blame the altitude? :)
Ann and I on our way to eat fancy pork chops and lobster mac and cheese with some new friends. Ann is wearing the Vitamin D cardigan knitted from a limited edition cotton/bamboo fingering weight yarn I dyed for her last year. So many people have asked me about that yarn in the last week. I can dye it special order, but I don't have time to revive the line right now. Perhaps later in the summer?Not pictured, the Piper's Journey shawl I have stuffed in my bag. 40 degrees in Denver is like 65 degrees in St. Louis. Who needs coats or knitwear?
New friends!

Going to The Loopy Ewe in style. A stretch limo that seats 15 knitters does not corner roundabout interchanges very well. Amusing for all involved.

The view of the mountains from the Embassy Suites parking lot. 

I only remembered to take my camera out for one class.
I bet you can't guess which class it was...
Or how many toy knitting books I brought home...
Or how in love with these little guys I am.
On the left, genius toy knitter and knit designer, Susan Anderson. On the right, me contemplating knitting a flock of chickens and perhaps a giraffe and hippo and unicorn.

The stash that came home with me. Bottom row, center square, the Color Affection shawl finally got me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a vacation. And a fiber one with Ann, too. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pic of you and SBA!!!! So sorry I had to miss Monroe County Sheep Fest this year. :( I need another pair of Dyeabolical socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! Wish I could have been there AND to rub shoulders with Susan....priceless!

    Best,
    sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.