Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Perfume Follow-Up

UPDATE : The perfumes are now live in the shop  http://www.dyeabolicalyarns.com/perfume/

UPDATE: Hey everyone! The final lineup will be live in the shop a few weeks before Thanksgiving.

=============================
Thank you to everyone who tested the perfume scents for me. I definitely will be offering perfume in the shop sometime in the future. However, it isn't my biggest priority, so it may be a few months before the fancy labels & the final scent line-up is ready for Prime Time.

In the meantime, I am still happy to make still make full-size testers for $5, plus shipping, for whoever would like them. Because they are testers, they will not have fancy labels. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who tests out a scent could fill out a survey.

Here are a few testers ready to ship. Each bottle should last a long time. I use two "swipes" of the Brown Sugar and Fig scent every day for over a month and my bottle is still very full. Testers are filled by weight, not volume.


FAQ

How do I order?
Email me at dyeabolicalyarns@gmail.com Tell me which scents you want and your paypal email address. I will then invoice you. Your tester will look like the bottles above. The testers do not have pretty labels.


Why is there a different volume of perfume in each tester? 
Because they are testers and I haven't yet perfected the fragrance/carrier ratios yet. Also, the testers are filled by weight, not volume. Each bottle will have about 7 grams of fragrance in it. 

How do I apply it?
Each bottle has a roller ball. To apply the perfume, shake the bottle with the cap on, then roll the fragrance over your skin. A little goes a long way. Start with 2 or 3 swipes across your pulse point before adding more. Some people find that the scent lasts all day. Others will need to reapply it throughout the day.

What does body chemistry and time have to do with it? 
How long the scent lasts, and what it smells like on your skin, has a lot to do with your individual body chemistry.Scents can also change or develop over time. A freshly applied scent will smell different than one that has been on your skin for a few hours. Similarly, a freshly blended bottle of perfume will smell slightly different than one that is several months old. The scent in each bottle should last a very long time, but to ensure the best scent, please use your fragrance within a year.
  
Ingredients? Are they pure, undiluted fragrance?
I use both fragrance oils and essential oils to create the fragrances. It is not safe to put fragrance or essential oils directly on to your skin. They must be diluted to be skin safe. I use a synthetic, well-tested, perfume base to dilute the oils. My base leaves no oily residue.

Do you still make soap? 
Yes! I have been a soap making machine lately. Any of the scents below can be incorporated in to the luffa, cube, octopus or medallion soaps.  

Available Fragrances (These will be periodically updated as I revise my final scent list.)

  • Test blend #1 - I want to call this one "Mowing the Lawn" because that is almost exactly what it smells like. I started with a base of dirt & grass, with masculine undertones and citrus top notes.
  • Test blend #2 - Can I please call this one "Watching Someone Mow the Lawn"? It is very similar to Test Blend #1, but with a top note of spicy floral. It is still a great unisex scent.
  • Test blend #3 - I can't get enough of the tangerine/clove combination. I wear this almost every day. I am curious what other people think about it. It is an awesome unisex scent.
  • Summer Honey (all natural)
  • Eucalyptus/Spearmint (EO/FO blend)
  • Vine Ripe Tomato (surprisingly light and summery)
  • Festival of Lights (apple, lemon, nutmeg, cinnamon)
  • Sandalwood
  • Lemon (out of stock)
  • Patchouli
  • Rose Garden (strong and rosey as a rose garden should be)
  • Euphoria (EO/FO blend; jasmine, rose, sandalwood, similar to Aveda* Euphoria)
  • Cashmere and Cotton (out of stock) (pomelo, bergamot, vanilla, sandalwood, musk, hint of patchouli)
  • Christmas Wreath
  • Cedarwood and Sage (EO/FO)
  • Brown Sugar and Fig (Wendy's favorite)
  • Green Apple
  • Dirt
  • Grass
  • Lime Mint - I kind of love this. Smells like a margarita.
  • Lemongrass
  • Cherry Vanilla - This smells good enough to drink. More cherry than vanilla, it smells a lot like cherry syrup. I wear this one frequently.
  • Coconut Lime Verbena
  • Special requests - I am happy to consider special requests for your favorite fragrances or experimental scents.





1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I love the new logo and the perfumes are like nothing you can find anywhere else!

    Best,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.