Thursday, November 7, 2013

Books

30 Days of Gratitude:
I am grateful for bleach and that my bleach sensitivity seems to have resolved itself. Dyers need bleach.


NaBloPoMo Day 7:
This post is short. It's not that I don't have a lot to say today. I do. It is more that my fingers are cold and refuse to type anymore. And also because despite having cold fingers, I need to be using this time to knit an instarsia Christmas stocking for a customer. I would like to use my lifeline for this blog post, Regis, and tell you about the books I have read this year.

I have read or listened to 39 short stories, novellas, or full-length books. My goal is 50 full length books by the end of the year. I think this is doable, thanks to audiobooks.

I am all over the place with my reading. Science fiction, fantasy, literature, humor...romance... I blame a certain friend of mine for getting me hooked on well written romances. I blame my husband for picking out vampire rom-com books for us to listen to.

So far the most surprising thing about my reading is how much I have enjoyed the techno fiction books. Ready Player One, Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, and The Circle (listening to now) have been an interesting and terrifying look in the near future of technology and social media.




Rachel's bookshelf: 2013



goodreads.com



4 comments:

  1. I remember you mentioned the other day that you had only managed to read one of the books on the goodreads yearly "best of" lists. I finally got a chance to look at that myself & I've only read two AND the only reason I've read those two is because Neil Gaiman had new books this year. And one of them is for grade schoolers.

    I am jealous of your ability to multi-task with audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on what I am doing. I can listen for about 20 minutes before my mind wanders off. My multitasking only includes knitting, cleaning or something else equally mindless. Interestingly, I find I can keep my place better when I wear ear buds to listen instead of playing it through the speakers.

      Delete
  2. Good for you. What's your name on Goodreads again? I thought you mentioned it here, but Lord knows, I'm clueless anymore so it could have been my imagination. You are impressive. Do you like Jasper Fforde?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dyeabolical on Goodreads. I have some of Jasper Fforde's books, but I haven't started reading them yet. Scott tore through Fforde's entire catalog earlier this year and loved them.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.