Monday, November 18, 2013

In which I give thanks for Yarn

Weaving studio; photographer Mindy Lai

Yarn, glorious yarn!

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee for the softness and hue and hand
My soul can reach, when reaching for my needles
For the end of the hank and the start of a new
I love thee to the level of everyday, at least 3 times a day
Most unquiet need, by dawn, by lunch hour, by Ott light
I love thee freely, as others strive for the right pattern
I love thee purely, as they turn from acrylic.
I love thee with a passion to put you to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith that you will always match gauge.
I love thee with a love I never seem to lose
I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life!



(Apologies to Elizabeth Barret Browning and lit majors everywhere)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.