Friday, November 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo? Heck Ya!

Time to get back to this blogging thing, dontcha think?

I am doing the 30 Days of Gratitude posts on my personal Facebook page. I think I will post them here, too, along with some Actual Blog Content. Shocking, I know! In addition to 30 Days of Gratitude, I am also going to attempt NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month. 30 Days, 30 Blog Posts. Here we go! (Yep, I know technically it is already the second day of November. Pretend I wrote this post yesterday.)

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 1












I have supportive family, friends, and customers who give me a safe place to vent about work frustrations. I have a job that is so awesome that something as trivial as a few cancelled orders can be considered as a bad day.

NaBloPoMo: Day 1

Friday was an emergency kittens kind of day. Every so often I would have to pinch the bridge of my nose and hit refresh on emergencykitten.com.

Ahh, internet cats. They really do smooth over the rough parts of the day. For instance, yesterday I had to clarify my cancellation and return policy. Writing policy is one of my least favorite things. I always feel like a villain.

Fortunately, until this month, I don't think I have ever had anyone request to cancel a special order. Unfortunately, because I have never had any special orders request cancellations, I did not have a good policy in place addressing that issue. Double unfortunately, one request was curiously and needlessly adversarial. Triple unfortunately, two of my customers are experiencing family emergencies. Please send them your thoughts.

Because of the timing of the requests, and because all the orders had already been started, it has caused a lot of disruption to my work flow. That is no ones fault but my own. Owning your own business is a learning process! Sometimes that learning process happens on the Friday afternoon that you scheduled yourself off. Hence the emergency kittens.

*The official line is here. Essentially, I am always happy to exchange yarn if you decide when you get it that you do not like the color. As long as you contact me within a few days and return it in resellable condition within 2 weeks, then you can choose a new color or store credit. On made-to-order listings, you can change your mind about the base/color/scent/style up until the creation process starts, or utilize the regular return policy, but there are no cash refunds.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that what you do is art. Because it is art, it is not "my" vision, but yours. If I make a request of you, then I (meaning any reasonable human being) would expect you to make it your own. WTF?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.