Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sockhead Hat in Wildcat

I put out a call for sample knitters several weeks ago and the samples are starting to trickle in. I will be using these to decorate my booth at shows and to loan out to yarn stores who carry my yarn. You saw the Elfe sweater in the last post. Today I want to show you this hat knitted by Krista.

Krista knitted the Sockhead* pattern by Kelly McClure. She used less than 1 hank of Tenacious sock yarn in the Wildcats color. I love this hat! It looks good on all kinds of heads. The slouchiness provides warmth without too much hat hair. It is a great use for any sock yarn hanking hanging out in your stash.

Tenacious is a 75% superwash merino / 15% nylon / 10% tencel, fingering weight, 4-ply, firm twist yarn. It makes excellent socks, accessories and garments. The merino and nylon give resiliency and softness, while the tencel gives it just a hint of silk-like luster. Some colorways appear slightly darker and muted/tonal on this base (“muddy” but in a good and beautiful way). Semisolids really pop on this base. 


*No relation to my own Sockhands pattern. Just a bit of coincidence in naming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.