Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spin All The Colors

I am embarking on a project to spin every color of fiber that is currently in the line up. My goal is to have it done before fall so I can make an all handspun color card. Alternative goals include getting a pile of handspun ready for the fall season (omg fall) and/or spinning up every color and make some sort of booth decoration out of it, like pennant flags, a huge banner, or string of mittens. Luckily, I have Scott to help me with the spinning. That guy can spin! Only 28 colors left to go.

Flamingos On A Croquet Lawn (Portuguese Merino), Themyscira (Portuguese Merino), Thunderboom (Merino)






5 comments:

  1. I've always known I would need Thunderboom at some point and this just confirms it. I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely been a popular one lately. Scott did an awesome job fractal spinning it to show off the colors.

      Delete
  2. Thunderboom is in the running for me as well, but probably in the yarn department rather than the fiber department. I really love the colors, but I am particularly fond of them as yarn.

    As an aside, I think it is absolutely dreamy that Scott spins. :) Part of me wishes I had a man that spins, and then the other part of me thinks about what damage that would do to my fiber stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty dreamy that he spins. I am happy that he whittles the fiber stash down, but our handspun yarn stash is out of control. :)

      Delete
  3. He spins, but can he foxtrot???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.