Friday, August 29, 2014

FO: August Ornament Swap - Glub Glub

Who doesn't love a good swap? For the last few years I have been enjoying mini swaps, especially the ornament swaps in Susan Anderson's Itty Bitty Knitters group. One ornament, one greeting card. No fuss. I have gotten the best ornaments for my Christmas tree.

This month the talented Paula sent me this Santa ornament. I love how his beard and hat are hooked. Little details like that always amuse me.
I sent Greg, a fisherman, this fishy ornament:
Pattern: Tiny Fish from Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi
Yarn: random scraps
Modifications: I added a fishing bobber to the top. I was going to string this on ribbon, but then someone pointed out that the bubbles were like beads. I had some left over supplies from a previous project, so I used jump rings and headpins with loops on them (not sure what these are called?) to turn this fish in to an ornament.
Card: The card was from a set of dinosaur cards that my friend Mindy made for me.

 



2 comments:

  1. The fishy is super cool! I love it so much. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.