Friday, February 12, 2016

Ron Weasley and I have the same hat

 9 years ago I was so sure that I wanted to dye & sell yarn that I asked for a book about dyeing for Christmas and a scale & professional-grade dyes for my birthday. I don't know why I was so certain that dyeing was going to be my thing. I just knew that it was too stressful to pick out those first colors so I made my family do it for me. I wish I still had pictures of those first few dye lots, but I think they were eaten in a tragic laptop implosion. Next year will be the 10th anniversary of the founding of Dyeabolical. I'm not sure what I will do to celebrate, but I hope it involves a t-shirt cannon filled with yarn.

First yarn sold on Etsy
FOs
The 1898 hat is finished. You saw the ear flap last week. It is warm, snuggly, fits me amazingly well, and makes me (and the styro head) look a bit like an awkward Quidditch goalie.
 

WIPS
One heel turned on these socks:
And one sock started using these crazy new needles:
They are called Neko Strickspiel. You know I can't resist novelty sock needles. They are 3 flexible bent plastic needles. The stitches rest on 2 needles and you knit with the third. The jury is still out on these. I really like the flexible plastic needles on the ribbing, but I think they are causing too much friction and drag on the stockinette portion. They also took some fiddling around to get them moving in the right direction. I don't know if is because of the awkwardness of the first few rows or because I was squinching up my hands while I was knitting, but I woke up with hand aches. More on these next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you included your email address in your profile, then I will respond to you soon.